Thursday, September 6, 2012

Google SWOT Analysis

Using the SWOT analysis matrix from the lecture slides, I performed the below analysis on Google. In completing this analysis, I tried to view the company as a whole from a reasonably high level.

One part that I really struggled with was deciding whether or not social media was an opportunity or a threat. I am very bearish on Google+ and no not expect Google to ever gain a market share in social media. However, the opportunity is techincally there. The reason I considered it may be a threat is that companies like Facebook are taking online advertising dollars away from Google. I could be swayed either way on this and hope my group members can provide some input.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I would consider social media as an opportunity, even though Google+ is kind of floundering at the moment social networks are a fickle beast and Facebook has been taking a veritable BEATING lately due to its IPO, so I would imagine that Google+ could grow downstream and be additional revenue, as the social network advertisement does not necessarily cannibalize the advertisements that Google can add to is searches, etc.

    ReplyDelete